- Stephen K. Gardner has been practicing energy law for 35 years and is a recognized expert in energy strategies, negotiations and transactions He has served as counsel to major industrial and commercial energy consumers on energy contracts, regulation, utility tariffs, purchasing, hedging and derivatives, dispute resolution and litigation. He has appeared before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and numerous state public utility and energy commissions.
- Steve's expertise also includes the transactional aspects of alternative energy projects as well as climate change, sustainability, supply chain, and energy efficiency.
- In Central Pennsylvania, Steve has represented a wide range of industrial and commercial energy consumer, including major aluminum companies, food processors and farmers, chemical manufacturers, universities, cement and construction companies, battery manufacturers, greenhouses, and dozens of small, medium, and large manufacturers. Steve has also represented major natural gas and electricity marketers.
- Steve has appeared on numerous occasions before the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission on a variety of rate and tariff issues involving both gas and electric distribution companies. He has initiated a number of complaint proceedings on behalf of commercial energy consumers ~ all of which have been successfully resolved. Steve has lead negotiations on natural gas bypass rates and LDC interconnections. Steve has participated in literally dozens of negotiations with local utilities involving interruptible natural gas rates.
- Mr. Gardner has been an partner in the energy practice groups of a several major national and international law firms, including Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, McKenna, Long & Aldridge, and Heller, Ehrman, White & McAuliffe. His experience also includes serving as Director of Energy of the National Association of Manufacturers and as Counsel to the Natural Gas Supply Committee.
- Stephen received his JD in 1975 from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law and his BA in 1971 from the University of Denver.
- He is a member of the California and District of Columbia Bars.